How to hold a pencil when drawing
How to hold a pencil when drawing – lesson summary
- If you hold a pencil like a ballpoint pen, you will easily get lost in the details.
- Beginners in art should learn to hold a pencil by the middle of the shaft or by the ending.
- One can create movements of the pencil not only by hand, but also by elbow or shoulder (this is useful for drawing long lines).
- In order to keep the drawing clean from smudges, you can use finger nails as a support. Some people lay a paper piece on the drawing for the same goal, some people use medical gloves, some use maulstick.
- You should learn to build tone gradually, using several movements.